Sunday, January 15, 2006

Hi there!

Hello and welcome to my blog. Here you will learn a little about myself, my life, the universe and everything. Well, maybe just the first two.

So where do I start? My name is Hilary, I'm a 26-year old female in Bristol who works in a laboratory. That's the scientist bit. I'm 6'3, which is the tall bit. If you think that's bad, my boyfriend is 7'5. Yes really.

This weekend concerned the tale of the bad cat which invaded my house on Saturday. This particular cat is incredibly friendly and comes and says hello to me often. The only problem is that after a certain amount of time it turns on you and decides you're suddenly a scratching post. Ouch. This led me to muse this morning whether there would be a mathematical equation about the amount of time it takes to be scratched after starting stroking a cat. Probably, but not something that I'm going to figure out... Anyway, due to the fact that I had just started this blog I wanted to take a picture of said cat, so left the door open while i went inside. Cat came in, of course, and started to wander round the house. This was all nice and lovely (I love cats, especially friendly ones) until it started to scratch my furniture. Unfortunately it did not take kindly to being removed from the house (much yowling) and my hand was well and truly scratched. Ouch.

This morning, as it was raining, I spied the cat again. Of course now I was a bit wary but it was being very friendly so I guessed that as long as I didn't let it in the house again (which is difficult when you're trying to sort a bike out and make sure you have some waterproofs on) it would be OK. The only problem was I left the poor thing sat under a car, which I felt bad about. But it was just too bad, it's not my cat so there's nothing I can do about it. And I didn't get scratched. Hooray.

1 comment:

Lee Yu Jin said...

coool... a true scientist??? do tell me more! i wanna be one too ((:

btw, the name is aishah.
i just stumbled into your blog like minutes ago, and first thing that got me allured to your blog is the fact you're a scientist!

awesome. ((:.
drop by my blog and give me a tag if you have the time.

btw, you're kinda tall... taller than me even!

(",)b well take care ait?? hope to hear from you soon!