Monday, April 24, 2006

Things That Go Boink In the Night

I discovered recently that most things I watch these days don't scare me. I was watching Dr Who the other day and there was this big werewolf out to get everyone. Was I scared? Not really. Despite the fact that the werewolf looked pretty good. I don't know what it is. Maybe my realm of disbelief doesn't work when faced with big monsters (on TV, that is). Even with King Kong I wasn't really scared of Kong himself. Faced with having to watch people being attacked by giant insects, however, wasn't as nice. Eeeek! This made me reflect on programs/films that I have watched that have actually scared me. Be prepared to say "you wuss" or perhaps, "What?!?"





Sit doggy sit... goood doggy...






I can't actually remember if An American Werewolf in London scared me. I think it just weirded me out, as it didn't really seem to make much sense. I believe the last time a big animal scared me, it was Jurassic Park (well, the kitchen scene was done pretty well!). Believe it or not, the first time I watched the first Scream I did, actually, scream. Hey, I jump at surprises easily. The last film that scared me to my boots was Shaun of the Dead. This was because I wasn't really expecting lots of scary zombies, I don't know why, but I thought they'd be a bit tamer with the nasty zombie bit. So, since I've never watched a zombie film before, I refused to go to a pub after the film since I was convinced we'd be trapped in there with a hundred zombies outside trying to eat us. Oh, and the final (and most embarassing) film that scared me is The Blair Witch Project. I don't know what it was, but I didn't want to go to sleep that night, and I was scared by my dressing gown. You know how you can see shapes in things in your bedroom in the dark? No? Er....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

boink