Monday, September 18, 2006

The Curious Incidents Of Hilary In The Daytime

First of all, here is my sunflower

Isn't it amazing that one small seed can produce something so heauge? It's pretty. And the only one on the street, ha ha.
















Note to self - don't go online when drunk!
Because this is what will happen... my obsession with hoyas reached a climax last week when I came home and decided to buy 6 hoyas after a few bevvies. I recieved the plants four days later and then was slightly concerned about how I was going to make them all grow. I decided, as it's a bit cold now, to get them a little propagator in the hope that will make them happy and root quickly.

On my way back from the nursery with the propagator somehow stuffed into my pannier, the most bizarre thing happened. I was cycling along relatively happily (I was tired and I wanted to get home) when suddenly a car goes past me, I hear a loud clap and my top leg is instantly in agony. Someone shot me with a paintball-style gun. Luckily it didn't break the skin (much) but it gave me quite a shock. The Munchkin told me today that this is something UWE students do to people, just shoot paintballs at them. Is this their idea of fun?

Although, this has to be the first bruise I didn't inflict upon myself...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Meep! It'd be good if you could have reported that... it's assault, which is a very serious crime! Poor TS...

And the sunflower is cool But the teeny weeny mini one is as cute!