Thursday, May 18, 2006

These Are A Few Of My Favourite Things

"I go to the hills when my heart is lonely..."











My top list of musicals that are also films:


1. Chitty Chitty Bang Bang (this comes top of my list cos I watched it the other day and couldn't drag myself away - Gert Frobe as a camp castle owner? I would never have thought it!) Favourite Song - Hushabye Mountain
2. Monty Python And The Holy Grail (if only for the Camelot song. Works even better as Lego figures... I laughed, and I laughed) Favourite song - well, it's got to be Camelot
3. Grease (Favourite song - the megamix? can I have that?)
4. Rocky Horror Picture Show (despite the freakyness) Favorite Song - Time Warp (why not?)
5. The Sound Of Music (Favorite song - um. The Sound of Music)
6. Mary Poppins (This used to be my very favorite when I was little. apparently I used to make my parents put it on endlessly. Unfortunately has slipped down the board due to its inability to keep me interested as an adult) Favourite Song - Jolly Holiday. If only for the cow singing "Moooary makes the sun shine bright"
7. Chicago (Favorite Song - He Had It Coming)
8. Moulin Rouge (It's been so long since I've seen this I can't remember what it's about)
9. The Lion King (cute animals. Favorite song - I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts)
10. Joseph and the Technicolour Dreamcoat (they had to put donny osmond as Joseph. Aaargh. It'll never be the same with a female narrator as well. Favorite song - Potiphar).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Every time I've seen Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat at the theatre they've had a female narrator and it's worked really well. I have to admit though, the verson with Donny Osmond that was on over Christmas was terrible. I've seen the stage show at least 8 or 9 times, and I couldn't even bear to watch more than 5 minutes of it on tv.

And I've got to agree with the chicago song. Maybe I'll get together with some people from ym tap class and we can try to choreograph something for next year's show...!