Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Tryffids!

I swear my plants are growing into tryffids at the moment. One minute they're small and sweet, the next they're going to be climbing all over the window and threatening me with their long vines.... eek!
Take, for example, my hoya carnosa. Here it is as a pretty, tidy plant
Now it's attacking the curtain pole!


Ok, so maybe I DID undo it. However, I measured it at the same time - it's 11 and a half foot long, which is a probably enough to catch you if you were trying to run away.... or creep up on you if you were peacefully watching the television... They could even possibly run around on their roots...




The other day I showed you my brand new seedlings. A few weeks later they've got a bit bigger... My mother, nicely, tells me these tomatoes are going to get to 2 feet high - ok not as big as the hoya but big enough.... whimper

So, if you don't hear from me for a while, and you don't know where I've got to, it's because the plants have taken over...


Graaaaaaah!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't knowabout clumsy, but you're certainly getting madder :|

Eek

Hilary said...

Sorry. I think I started off strange and it kind of spiralled out of control...