Monday, June 26, 2006

[Object] Is My Friend

This particular phrase is currently reaching its zenith. So I thought I would write a list of what is, and is not, my friend this week.

...Is Not My Friend
My body (after feeling that my stomach was exploding at the start of the week, my head is now exploding instead. Nice.)
England, for making me gnash my teeth when I'm watching them. I'd make a very nervous football supporter
Sweden (the match on Tuesday made me say "England and Sweden are not my friends")
Code-lock doors - why are there so many at work, and why do they all have different numbers?
Evmpzg

...Is My Friend
Lunch
My Sofa
Ross (less than a week til I see him! Yay!)
Pizza
Parcels through the post... especially if they're presents!

...Might be My Friend
The centrifuge (it works, but it's far away)
Peter Crouch (we like, but not for too long)
Chocolate (tastes nice, but bad for me)

Feel free to add your own in the reactions area...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see that none of us made it onto your friends list. Are we not good enough for yuo now you have Peter Crouch?!

Anonymous said...

Seconded.... meep

on the Is side...
cider (or beer, whichever is your preference)
Curry

and perhaps on the Is Not side...
Work

There must be many more

Anonymous said...

Mr Kipling is my friend. So is coffee.

Western blots are not my friends. Even when they say yes, they're still not my friends. Neither are presentations that I have to give to the whole department. Ellie says no.

Hilary said...

I was going to say you're not objects, but then I realised I'd put Ross in there... damn!

I forgot to add that spiders are not my friends.

And, chest infections are not my friends either. Hurumph.

Anonymous said...

Spiders aren't my friends either.

Duvets and sofas are my friends, especially when combined on a Saturday morning.

Anonymous said...

And chocolate is a vegetable, so it can't be bad for you, which means it can be your friend!