Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Janathon: A Walk in the Cold

So today was the start to work, and was brought to you by the music of Chesney Hawkes "I am the One and Only" and Metallica "Enter Sandman". An interesting mashup caused by the announcement that Chesney would be appearing on Dancing on Ice and one of the authors on the reference list of the manuscript I was reading today had a surname of Chesney... Metallica because it was played on New Year's Day, and had stuck in my head. It was also a day of terrible weather, gales and heavy rain. It got very cold as well!

So I had to do a couple of errands, the first one was a walk to Mornington Crescent. Now I realise that walking is probably not the foremost activity that you would associate with Janathon, but I did walk for nearly 2 miles. Once I'd done that, I walked on to King's Cross before taking the tube home. By the time I got to Mornington Crescent I was absolutely freezing and my hands had gone white (I believe I suffer from Raynaud's and had forgotten my gloves, tut). I only managed to warm up when I got on the tube. It was a relief to get home to my warm flat and get started on my dinner - meatballs in tomato sauce - Yum!

No comments: