Monday, July 10, 2006

Paris est Ma Ami... Et La Cidre


My first two trips to Paris were not auspicious events. The first time, we were changing buses in some dodgy bus station and got chased by a freaky French bloke demanding kisses (from me and my male friend, or from both of us, I never stopped to find out). The second time, we went to go visit a university friend who spend most of her time sucking face with her French boyfriend and not actually spending that much time with us, despite the fact we'd travelled all the way from Bristol by car to see her.

So, I approached my third trip to Paris with some trepidation. Was the third time going to be luckier? Hooray! It was! I had a lovely time. We walked round Paris at least 10 times, drank the equivalent of three bottles of wine and had more French food than probably a French person. Croissants, pain au chocolat, baguette, escargots (snails), andouiettes (disgusting French sausages that smelt of offal), crepes, galettes (savoury version of crepes), random (but delicious) salads with bread on top, steaks done very rare, tarte bourdelou (pear and almond, mmmm), delicious sorbets with any type of fruit you wanted (pear and apple... mmmmmm) and, last but not least, my most favouritest, French cider.

Ah yes. French cider. Yummy yummy, for those of you who ever go to France and come back with a bottle of this for me will make a very good friend....

I look forward to drinking this, probably will dance a lot when I get to open it (outside, as these things are notoriousely dangerous and have a tendency to explode!!!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The cider dance... Much like the gel setting dance, the gel running dance, and pretty much every other dance. Except possibly with the addition of jazz hands, due to the excitement at drinking cider, and maybe with slightly less co-ordination as a result of drinking cider!

Kristen "Kiki" Nweeia said...

Sounds like you had a delicious time! As they say... third time is a charm. I love Paris. I will be traveling there in the Fall for a bit of product research for my French food business www.splendidpalate.com. Paris is a foodies mecca!

Anonymous said...

Mmmm, cider. Oooo. And the cider dance. Sounds like you ate good and healthy... ;o)

Glad you had a good time

T