Sunday, August 06, 2006

Peanut Cracknell Week

If life was a box of chocolates, this would be a week full of peanut cracknells. Those of you not familiar with Quality Street as I have been over many Christmasses might need to know that peanut cracknell was mashed peanut covered with chocolate and one of the family's least favourite chocolates, so much so most of them were given to the dogs. They were horrible. And so this week has been horrible. But the week is finished now, and there were some nice moments, such as pizza, biscuits and chocolate in front of a really trashy film with Ellie. That was a Lindlt Tiramisu moment (mmmm they are good). Going to watch Pirates of the Carribean on Wednesday despite being completely exhausted was also really good (probably a toffee and hazelnut-centered chocolate). Yesterday, we went to Stratford upon Avon which was weird because last time I was there, almost a year ago, I was one of the shortest people (being on a tall trip there ARE women taller than me, yes really. They're lovely too.) there. This time I was the tallest. Picnic lunch was fun but sitting in the very topmost row of a baking hot theatre (I suffer slightly from vertigo and from heat exhaustion) trying to work out what the hell Patrick Stewart was doing with a load of shiprecked mariners, spirits and a man who smelt of fish on an island (this was the Tempest, by the way) was a bit hard to fathom and extremely hard to stay awake through. We reckoned Mr Shakespeare, much as I respect his work, was on some kind of drug throughout the writing of this. But it was something different, and it was good to see a play in a theatre I'd gone round the back of last time I was there.

So, all's well that ends well? Maybe. I don't think I'll be having any Dark Bounty moments soon though. Hopefully more middle of the road - maybe a Twix or something.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're weird but funny. You make me laugh!

T

Unknown said...

I loved peanut cracknell.