Monday, March 27, 2006

How's your weight doing at the moment?

Not very well, actually. I've decided to include this on my blog in order to do something about my weight. Maybe if I write down how much I weigh every week it will help me on my way... it's worth a try.
So, currently I weigh 15 stone and 5 pounds. This is 215 pounds or about 97kg. For a tall person this may not seem very much, but I'm approximately a stone/14pounds/7kg overweight.
In order to start losing weight, I must try and make some changes. These are going to include:
1. Eating less crap - this includes chocolate (although I've given this up for lent anyway), cake, crisps, biscuits etc.
2. Eating more fresh fruit/vegetables.
3. If there is cake at work (which, inevitably there is), I will try my hardest not to eat it and if I do, I will only have one (or a small slice).
4. If I HAVE to go to the fish and chip/pizza/generic burger joint/curry house shop, I will only have the fish (or the hamburger) and no chips or have one less slice of pizza/no rice.
5. Drink more water.
6. I will try my hardest to get up the hill in the morning and the evening without getting off my bike and pushing, even if I have to switch down to the lowest gear.
7. I will go to at least one sporting activity each week (this includes swimming for half an hour, aerobics or at least 3 games of badminton).
8. I will go for a walk on Saturday and Sunday (or go shopping at Asda (believe me, this is hard work, I have to get all my shopping home on my bike, at least a mile and up a hill)) and not sit around all day watching telly. Even if it is raining.
9. I will try and cut down on the amount of pasta/rice/tortilla/potatoes etc. that I eat with my dinner
10. I will report every week how I'm doing and what my weight is this week.

Wish me luck...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck hills! Will try not to make you break diet...

Anonymous said...

I'll try not to bring so much cake to work(!)

thisismarcus said...

If you were less "blessed" as a woman you'd weigh considerably less but I don't think that's anything to feel bad about. Far from it!

So I don't think you need to diet at all but good luck if you want to. I'll keep reading and hopefully learn some tips for my belly :).

Anonymous said...

So how about an update - are you down to a sylph-like 15 stone yet?