Monday, March 06, 2006

Karaoke or Dare

It all started so easily, as I'm sure most things do. Sue, in Cambridge got a SingStar package on her Playstation and we went round and sang a bit on it. Then again, earlier this year, we got round the new Singstar 80's and sang our hearts out. I wasn't bad (well, I only got the occasional boo and gained a few superstar points! (this is good by the way!)). Then I discovered that Sam, in Bristol, also has a karaoke machine. I loved it! There were songs I could sing and even not sing (well, sometimes you really don't care when you're drunk). We sang again on Saturday night, everyone was singing and it was fun. I don't know what has happened but I've become a real karaoke fan. However, my enthusiasm is tempered by the lack of songs that I truly love, for instance I still haven't found Dream a Little Dream of Me on a karaoke machine, but I'm sure I will do in time. This is why I found myself going for the Dare option in the Karaoke or Dare competition. I mean, you can sing karaoke any time, but rarely do you get to do something silly like a headstand (which, seriousely, does not work with a tall slightly overweight woman!) in front of your friends. Then again, karaoke can be a bit of a silly option anyway.
So I've discovered I love to sing. This should not come as much a surprise to me as I've spent most of the last 26 years singing. Be it round a campfire or a microphone I guess it doesn't really make a difference. I'll even do it sober, and I'm quite good at sending a small child to sleep or making it shut up from crying (this may be good in the future, you never know!). The biggest problem, however, is that I now want a Playstation so that I can get Singstar. I really don't need another way to waste my time, though. I should just get my generic mp3 player and sing round the room instead.

No comments: