Tuesday, March 14, 2006

It's Official: I've been adopted!

Last night I came back from Asda (generic supermarket) to find the naughty cat at my doorstep. Of course, trying to get bags into the house and stopping the cat from trying to get into the house was not going to work, so the cat made a break for it into my house. Once I'd parked the bike and dealt with the bags I found the cat circling round my sofa shouting at me, just like my cat at home shouts at me when it wants me to sit down so it can sit on me. So I sat down (I've definitely been cat trained). Stupidly I sat down without turning on the TV and then the cat came to sit on my lap. Of course since I love cats and am a big softie when it comes to friendly furry things that want attention this was a great moment to end my rather lovely day (I was in a good mood all day apart from the bit where i left work and had to go to Asda). However I was a little bored as I had nothing to do apart from be something to sit on so I was rather pleased when the cat decided to climb onto my shoulder so I could stand up and turn the TV on. All this time, my frozen stuff from Asda was slowly defrosting so I was a little preoccupied with needing to put things away and how I was going to get the cat back out of the door (much as I like the cat, it's not mine and I don't like leaving it to run around my house causing gentle havoc). At least this time it did leave on its own and I didn't get scratched again...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Eek, and whoops. I've missed about 6 posts... they're like buses, none for ages then 6 come along at once. And I'm late for the pub... more later.

Yay, the tallscientist is back :o)

Tone