Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Money, Money, Money

I am overcome by the urge to buy things at the moment. I don't really need them, but I want things. I think that Ebay has a lot to answer for. So, I thought, to make my life less urge-filled, I will list the things I really want to buy at the moment:

1. A House - currently I'm renting and kind of feeling like my money's being blown on a house that has some serious problems with me actually living in it as not only did the heating die, so has the bath.... nooo
2. A Breadmaker - I still don't know why I want one of these, but it would be nice to get fresh bread in the morning. I am also inexplicably drawn to the one with the raisin/nut dispenser, although whether I'd ever use it is another question
3. A(nother) Hoya - I'm obsessed with hoyas at the moment. They're vine-like plants with large leaves and flower beautifully. My favourite is the "Imperialis"... watch this space!
4. A Popcorn Maker - I love my kitchen gadgets, I could probably fill the whole kitchen with an assortment of random things that I only use once or twice a month if that. This one, however, would stop me from making nasty burn marks in my pan...
5. A Laptop - so I could have the programs I need on my computer at work. And Windows XP. This one I use is rubbish. This would, however, cause major procrastination (probably looking up the items above!) so not sure whether it would aid or slow down the work I do.

I feel better all ready. I feel like standing up and saying "My name's Hilary and I'm an internet shopaholic!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My name's Tony and I'm addicted to ebay...

:o)

T

thisismarcus said...

I've had a laptop for 4 years now (I'm so cool, I know) and I wouldn't have a desktop again unless it did something amazing that my laptop wouldn't do. There's no substitute for portability.